Click Here to download all app screens.
I’ll break this project into the following sections:
Learnings & Outcomes
The following concept presents an app concept that makes it easier for users to buy Microsoft proprietary products using a smartphone application. In short, Microsoft Store App Concept is a dedicated application for Microsoft Products.
Often customers get confused where to buy products from, considering there’s so many options: Amazon, Bestbuy, the brand’s website or an actual physical store. I often get confused what platform to choose. I recently purchased a new laptop, and I had to browse for the best option and visit several stores before making a final decision. Hence, I want to remove the pain of online browsing from 3rd party platforms and bring a one stop solution with a seamless user interface to browse all the products such as Xbox, Game titles, Surface Laptops, Accessories, etc.
Create an app concept that saves time for users and brings a dedicated platform for shopping all Microsoft products at one place.
Core Microsoft user base, Students and professionals, general smartphone users.
Section 3: Video Presentation
Section 3: Project Metadata
Section 4: Deliverables
Section 5: Learnings & Outcomes
- I learned about the process of creating an app following the design language and being in sync with other products of the company.
- The project involved over 50+ screens and over 200+ Interactions, it was a great experience to translate an idea from conception to final prototype.
- While the whole project was a huge learning experience, I especially loved iterating on designs and receiving feedback from users. It felt good to produce designs with the confidence that users would enjoy and understand it.
- I enjoyed the UI Design part of the project, especially working with new color combinations that would be appealing to the users.
- The biggest challenge was with the overall interaction design, considering there are so many screens and how each component on the screen is linked to another one.
- Since it’s a project that was only meant to be a concept, I was surprised by the feedback I received from the community at Behance. I also got featured by Behance for this project. Most of the feedback talked about the easy to use UI and the color combination I used which made the app very appealing to general users.
This project was featured by Behance for Interaction Design. See the project on Behance.